EICC Travel Guidelines: COVID-19
The following are general guidelines for EICC employees for travel as we work to stop the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
College-Sponsored Domestic Travel
- All non-essential EICC-sponsored domestic travel, including conferences for training or meetings, has been suspended until further notice. Employees are encouraged to review travel guidance provided on the CDC website. Essential travel is defined as travel that is essential to the operation of the college; that no alternative method of convening is possible; and that the health and safety of EICC employees will be appropriately managed. All essential travel exceptions will need to be approved by the employee's immediate supervisor and Cabinet member.
Personal Domestic Travel
- No restrictions at this time. However, employees traveling are encouraged to review the CDC’s latest guidance for travelers.
College-Sponsored International Travel
- International travel with or without students is suspended until further notice.
- All 2020 study abroad programs have been canceled. Future study abroad program and
program proposal decisions (2021 and forward) will be decided on a case-by-case basis
following guidance from Department of State Travel Advisory levels, the Centers for
Disease Control (CDC) travel health notices, and advice from international partners
- Job applicant travel for those who reside outside the US is suspended until further notice. Electronic means of communication (phone, video conferencing, etc.) should be used as an alternative. Hiring managers with questions regarding the arrangement of alternative interview means for international job applicants should contact the Human Resources Department.
Personal International Travel
- Employees are encouraged to avoid non-essential international travel. Employees who
travel internationally are required to follow quarantine procedures recommended by the CDC from the date that they return, during which they will not be allowed on any EICC
campus. Employees returning from international travel should notify both their supervisor
and the HR Department immediately upon return, if not sooner.
- During the quarantine period, employees may be eligible to work from home where practicable.
Those not eligible to work from home will be required to take personal leave or vacation.
Work from home telecommuting arrangements will be made on a case-by-case basis based
on suitability of the position and job responsibilities by the HR Department and the
employee’s immediate supervisor. Employees not able to work may be eligible for leave
under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.