Supporting Student Success
Provide on campus and virtual access to academic support services such as tutoring,
skill center, library
- Offer services in formats both on campus and virtually that meet the needs of students.
- Provide both on-site and digital library services.
- Provide students free access to SmartThinking online tutoring
- Provide assistance for using Canvas and Zoom.
- Communicate and adjust service hours and operations to meet student need and demand.
Engage students in on campus and virtual student support services such as advising,
registration, financial aid, admissions, and business services
- Communicate service availability and key campus contacts to students.
- Continue to review service offerings and adjust to student need and demand.
- Offer counseling services to assist students in managing pandemic stress and academic adjustments.
- Offer student engagement and activities in various formats to encourage out of class connection to the college.
Expanded access to needed technology and digital resources
- Support students with enrollment incentives that provide an opportunity to receive a free laptop.
- Provide high quality free WiFi available on campus and in the college parking lots for student use.
- Offer student computer labs with appropriate software to complete student work.
- Continue to offer students a free college email account and Microsoft Office
- Connect students to Canvas Help and IT Helpdesk to assist with technology use.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.