Gifts from Your Kitchen and more cooking classes offered November
Learn how to make gifts from your kitchen with Eastern Iowa Community Colleges’ cooking classes. There are nine cooking classes being offered in November. Classes are hands-on, and held at the West Davenport Center from 6 - 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Registration is available online.
- The Quest of a Perfect Quesadilla brings the flavor of your favorite Mexican Restaurant
right to your kitchen by teaching you how to make your own Queso Fresco Mexicano cheese
and corn tortillas. Class will be held November 1, class ID 1356. Cost $49.
- Gifts from Your Kitchen shows you how to make personalized homemade gifts your friends
and family will love. Learn how to make items like cookies in a jar, ice cream toppings,
candy bark and more. Class will be held November 8, class ID 1354. Cost $49.
- Entertaining, Wine and Fine Dining helps you develop your fine dining skills, master
the art of toasting and make excellent wine selections. Enjoy a four course dinner
with paired wines and develop fine dining confidence under the tutelage of Ernie Brauner,
Manager of the Outing Club (minimum age of 21). Class will be held November 10 from
5 – 8 p.m. at The Outing Club, 2109 Brady St., Davenport, class ID 1389. Cost $79.
- Best Ever Gluten-Free Crusts teaches cooks how to create gluten-free pizza crust,
bread/rolls and pie crusts, which are some of the most difficult crusts to produce
gluten-free. Class will be held November 12 from 6 – 9 p.m. at Pleasant Valley High
School, 604 Belmont Rd., Bettendorf, class ID 1430. Cost $49.
- Oma's Holiday Cookies delivers the taste of traditional German holiday cookies to
your door by showing you how to bake these delectable treats for your friends and
family. Class will be held November 13, class ID 1360. Cost $49.
- French and Italian Cuisine with Wine Pairings features favorite recipes from Dabeet’s
Bistro and Wine Bar, including a risotto appetizer, short ribs, ratatouille, salad
with vinaigrette dressing and amaretto cheesecake (minimum age of 21). Class will
be held November 18 from 1 – 4 p.m. at the former Muscatine Button Factory, 215 W.
Mississippi Dr., Muscatine, class ID 1499. Cost $49.
- Cure and Smoke teaches cooks how to cure and smoke their own meat, including bacon.
Class will be held November 19, class ID 1429. Cost $49.
- Authentic Chinese Dumplings brings the taste of China to your home by showing cooks
how to make authentic Chinese dumplings through a hands-on demonstration. Class will
be held November 29 from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. at Clinton High School, 817 8th Ave. S.,
Clinton, class ID 2289. Cost $15.
- Give Me Five Minutes a Day shows cooks how easy it is to make delicious Artisan bread at home. You will be making many different baked items out of one dough and must bring a five to six-quart plastic storage container with a lid, you will want to take this dough home! Class will be held November 29, class ID 1349. Cost $49.