Gifts from Your Kitchen and more cooking classes offered November
Learn how to make gifts from your kitchen with Eastern Iowa Community Colleges’ cooking classes. There are nine cooking classes being offered in November. Classes are hands-on, and held at the West Davenport Center from 6 - 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Registration is available online.
- The Quest of a Perfect Quesadilla brings the flavor of your favorite Mexican Restaurant right to your kitchen by teaching
you how to make your own Queso Fresco Mexicano cheese and corn tortillas. Class will
be held November 1, class ID 1356. Cost $49.
- Gifts from Your Kitchen shows you how to make personalized homemade gifts your friends and family will love.
Learn how to make items like cookies in a jar, ice cream toppings, candy bark and
more. Class will be held November 8, class ID 1354. Cost $49.
- Entertaining, Wine and Fine Dining helps you develop your fine dining skills, master the art of toasting and make excellent
wine selections. Enjoy a four course dinner with paired wines and develop fine dining
confidence under the tutelage of Ernie Brauner, Manager of the Outing Club (minimum
age of 21). Class will be held November 10 from 5 – 8 p.m. at The Outing Club, 2109
Brady St., Davenport, class ID 1389. Cost $79.
- Best Ever Gluten-Free Crusts teaches cooks how to create gluten-free pizza crust, bread/rolls and pie crusts,
which are some of the most difficult crusts to produce gluten-free. Class will be
held November 12 from 6 – 9 p.m. at Pleasant Valley High School, 604 Belmont Rd.,
Bettendorf, class ID 1430. Cost $49.
- Oma's Holiday Cookies delivers the taste of traditional German holiday cookies to your door by showing
you how to bake these delectable treats for your friends and family. Class will be
held November 13, class ID 1360. Cost $49.
- French and Italian Cuisine with Wine Pairings features favorite recipes from Dabeet’s Bistro and Wine Bar, including a risotto
appetizer, short ribs, ratatouille, salad with vinaigrette dressing and amaretto cheesecake
(minimum age of 21). Class will be held November 18 from 1 – 4 p.m. at the former
Muscatine Button Factory, 215 W. Mississippi Dr., Muscatine, class ID 1499. Cost $49.
- Cure and Smoke teaches cooks how to cure and smoke their own meat, including bacon. Class will be
held November 19, class ID 1429. Cost $49.
- Authentic Chinese Dumplings brings the taste of China to your home by showing cooks how to make authentic Chinese
dumplings through a hands-on demonstration. Class will be held November 29 from 5:30
– 8:30 p.m. at Clinton High School, 817 8th Ave. S., Clinton, class ID 2289. Cost
- Give Me Five Minutes a Day shows cooks how easy it is to make delicious Artisan bread at home. You will be making many different baked items out of one dough and must bring a five to six-quart plastic storage container with a lid, you will want to take this dough home! Class will be held November 29, class ID 1349. Cost $49.