Hemp in Iowa: One Year Later
It's been a year since Iowa legalized a bill that allows farmers to grow up to 40 acres of hemp and Muscatine Community College became the first community college in Iowa to offer a program in this new crop.
Join us for a virtual event March 10 from 12 -1 p.m. to discuss what we've learned from the first year, including:
- Legislation that affects hemp planting, growing, processing and production
- The state inspection process
- Options for processing the hemp plant
- Considerations prior to planting
Invited guests include:
- Robin Pruisner, Iowa Hemp Administrator, Iowa Department of Agriculture
- Representative Jared Klein, (Iowa House District 78)
- Shane Mairet, Agriculture Instructor at Muscatine Community College
- Mat Miller, Owner, ICanna, LLC Hemp Processing Facility
To join in on the Facebook Live session, just click the link during the designated day/time!
For more information on Muscatine Community College's one-year Industrial Hemp Production program, visit eicc.edu/hemp
Questions? We're here to help. Call 1-888-336-3907 or email email@example.com
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.