Degree Plan for Working Adult Information Session
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges’ (EICC) new Degree Plan for Working Adults has become a popular choice for people with busy work and family schedules.
The first classes in the program began this semester. A new section of classes begins in October so people still have the opportunity to join.
To explain more about it the college is hosting a September 19 information session starting at 5:30 p.m. with locations throughout Eastern Iowa.
The program is available through all three of EICC’s colleges, Clinton, Muscatine and Scott Community Colleges. The plan uses the college’s new Flexplan scheduling to limit the time students are required to be in an actual classroom.
Sites for the new program and the September 19 Information Session include:
- Clinton Community College, 1000 Lincoln Boulevard in Clinton
- CCC Maquoketa Center, 501 W. Washington St.
- Muscatine Community College, 152 Colorado Street
- West Liberty Center, 119 E. Third Street
- Columbus Junction Center, 1208 Colton Street
- Wilton Center, 1215 Cypress Street
- Scott Community College, 500 Belmont Road, Bettendorf
- Kahl Educational Center, 326 W. Third Street, Davenport
With the Flexplan format, students attend each class one day a week, giving them time with their instructor and fellow students, and complete the remainder of the work online, reducing the number of times they have to travel to the classroom.
In addition, the college has conveniently laid out the courses students need to take in order to complete the program in two, three or four-year paths. Those plans can be adapted so if someone chooses to either speed up or slow down their path in the future, they have the flexibility to do so.
For more information go to www.eicc.edu/adultplan or call, toll-free, 1-888-336-3907.