December Cooking Classes
Learn how to make Holiday sweet treats with Eastern Iowa Community Colleges’ cooking classes. There are six classes being offered in December. Classes are hands-on, see below for location, date and time.
- Artisan Breads teaches you how to mix, shape, score and bake hearth-style breads. Recipes include
baguettes, white bread and whole-wheat sourdough. Class will be held December 11 from
6 – 9 p.m. at Central Dewitt High School, 519 E. 11th St., Dewitt, class ID 7883.
- Give Me Five Minutes a Day shows you how easy it is to make delicious Artisan bread at home. You will be making
many different baked items out of one dough and must bring a five to six-quart plastic
storage container with a lid, you will want to take this dough home! Class will be
held December 12 from 6 – 9 p.m. at the college’s West Davenport Center, 2950 N. Fairmount
St., class ID 7995. Cost $49.
- Air Fryer teaches you how to use this popular kitchen appliance to make fast, easy and mouth-watering
meals. Learn the basics of the air fryer for all types of food. Class will be held
December 16 from 6 – 9 p.m. in the college’s West Davenport Center, 2950 N. Fairmount
St., class ID 8011. Cost $49.
- Holiday Sweet Treats will put you in a festive spirit as you learn how to prepare chocolate, candies suckers
and bars. Class will be held December 16 from 6 – 9 p.m. in the college’s West Davenport
Center, 2950 N. Fairmount St., class ID 8039. Cost $49.
- Cut-Out Frosted Sugar Cookies shares tips and tricks to making your own cut-out sugar cookies. Learn how to make
royal icing, butter cream and rolled fondant. Class will be held December 18 from
6 – 9 p.m. in the college’s West Davenport Center, 2950 N. Fairmount St., class ID
8006. Cost $49.
- Viennoiserie teaches the theory, preparation and history behind Viennoiserie enriched breads. You will learn about ingredient function, mixing methods, baker’s percentages and more. Recipes include croissants, cinnamon rolls, and babka. Class will be held December 18 from 6 – 9 p.m. at Central Dewitt High School, 519 E. 11th St., Dewitt, class ID 7887. Cost $49.
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.