Veterinary Technician Program Visit - November 2
Muscatine Community College (MCC), one of the Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, is inviting people to learn more about its hands-on Veterinary Technician program on Tuesday, November 2 from 3 - 5 p.m. at the Muscatine Agricultural Learning Center, 3200 Lucas Street, Muscatine.
This is your opportunity to:
- Tour our modern Ag Learning Center—a $3.5 million facility.
- Meet the instructors—experienced veterinary technicians and veterinarians.
- Chat one-on-one with an Admissions Counselor about admissions requirements, financial aid and campus life.
- Get the answers to all your questions.
MCC’s modern Veterinary Technology facilities rival those found in many veterinarian offices. The facility boasts a large climate-controlled indoor arena, 20 horse stalls, cattle pens, classrooms and immense farm ground.
The visit is open to any individuals interested in the Vet Tech profession, including parents and families. Registration is not required to attend.
For additional information, please contact Erica Petersen, EICC Advisor and Program Recruiter, at 563-288-6029 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Our Veterinary Technician, AAS program teaches both small and large animal care. Courses are taught by experienced veterinary technicians and veterinarians who are keenly aware of the expectations of future employees.
Graduates have a wide variety of career options in addition to working in a veterinary office, such as food safety inspection, drug and feed manufacturing, hospitals, humane societies, diagnostic laboratories and more.
Check this out:
- Employment of veterinary technicians is projected to grow 15% from 2020 to 2030, faster than the average for all occupations.
- The median annual wage for veterinary technologists and technicians was $36,260 in May 2020.
- The veterinary profession was somewhat untouched by the COVID-19 pandemic, with a
mere 0.7% unemployment rate.
For more information, visit eicc.edu/vettech
Questions? Call us toll-free at 1-888-336-3907 or email email@example.com
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.