MCC Theatre Department High School Theatre Workshop Series
The Muscatine Community College Theatre Department is excited to be offering its first-ever High School Theatre Workshop Series.
The workshops are for students who will be freshmen through seniors in high school this coming fall, regardless of experience. Whether you're just starting out or have been in a dozen plays, you're welcome.
Each workshop runs from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. and costs just $15, or sign up for all four workshops for $50. Lunch will be provided.
The sessions are led by different professionals, providing students the opportunity
to get varying perspectives on the subjects. These are hands-on workshops and will
be a lot of fun!
Landing the Role - Auditioning
Workshop leader David Lane
Theatre Director, Muscatine Community College
How do you give an audition that will land you a part? In this workshop, you will learn the ins and outs of auditioning, focusing on cold-readings and monologues. Bring a monologue you would like to work on or one will be provided.
Transforming Space - Technical Theatre
Workshop leader Darren Thompson
Theatre Designer/Manager, Saint Louis Community College
Two areas of technical theatre will be explored – 3D Scenic Design with Google Sketchup and the up and coming field of Projection design that includes video mapping.
Living in the Moment - Scenework
Workshop leader Kevin Babbitt
Theatre Director, Scott Community College
Being a good scene partner is crucial to success as an actor. This workshop will focus on two person scenes: how to prepare the scene, working with a scene partner, and performing the scene. Scenes and partners will be assigned on the workshop day.
Workshop leader Jeremy Mahr
Comedy Sportz Quad Cities
This workshop will focus on improvisation in two ways – to improve as an actor and to perform in comedy sports. Improvisation teaches performance skills that are important to any actor: Listening, observing, being in the moment, reacting emotionally, thinking on your feet, creating and sustaining characters, helping if someone forgets a line, and the importance of ensemble performing. All these skills are taught through interactive exercises and games by a professional actor, comedian, and teacher.
For more information, contact Theater Director David Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-288-6037.
To sign-up for all 4 workshops, register for section #186996.
To register by phone, please call 888-336-3907. Have your credit card and section(s) number ready.
To register Online
- Visit our secure and encrypted Online Registration Portal
- In Section Number enter the section number of the course (or series) < Click Submit
- Confirm the Course Title, and check the box to select the section < Click Submit
- Complete all the required fields (noted with an *) < Click Submit
- Complete Additional Questions (optional) < Click Submit
- Pay for your Class by confirming the classes and total amount due. If you have additional classes to add, Update Choose one of the following to “Search For More Classes”. Otherwise select to “Register Now” and complete the payment type information. < Click Submit
- Confirm the amount < Click Continue
- Enter your credit card information < Click Pay Now
- Feel free to print the Confirmation page, otherwise click “OK” and you are done!
(EICC reserves the right to cancel workshops due to low enrollment. Participants will be notified and fees returned, if the cancellation is made by EICC.)