Military Education Benefits

Our Military/Veteran/Family Member Program Facilitator will assist you with your paperwork to obtain your GIBILL benefits and answer any questions you may have in regards to obtaining your GIBILL/VA education benefits.

Our Certifying Official will need a copy of your Member 4 DD214 and a confirmation page from your GIBILL application, and will notify the Department of Veterans Affairs of your enrollment at the school.   

Military metals

A certificate of eligibility from the Department of Veterans Affairs will arrive in the mail within four to six weeks, please bring a copy of this certificate to the Certifying Official to be placed in your record. Our Certifying Officials reports your attendance and grades.

You will be given a “Military/Veteran Student Handbook” from our Certifying Official, please read through the handbook carefully. As a student using the GIBILL, there are guidelines you will need to know. Please be aware of the drop dates of classes for the semester, if you were to drop a class after the drop date and the Department of Veteran Affairs has already paid your tuition, you will receive a debt letter informing you of an overpayment. If the tuition has not been paid by the Department of Veterans Affairs at the time of your withdrawal, you will incur a debt with the college. You should notify our Military/Veteran/Family Member Program Facilitator or School Certifying Official of any changes you make to your schedule.

It is not necessary for you to apply every semester for your GIBILL; when our Certifying Official receives your registration for the semester, it will be reported to the Department of Veterans Affairs.

If you are using Military Tuition Assistance, you will need to apply each semester. Please see the Military/Veteran Student Affairs Facilitator for assistance.


Iowa Department of Veteran Affairs
Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs
GI Bill
Great VA website for search for specific VA forms for your benefits
Student Veterans of America
To verify attendance for Chapter 30, Chapter 1606, and VRAP students go to:
Tuition Assistance - to help service members to make knowledgeable decisions regarding their education opportunities. Our Military/Veteran Student Affairs Facilitator will assist you with applying for your Tuition Assistance.


VA Certifying Officials from each campus:

Clinton Community College
Mardell Mommsen

Scott Community College
Lorene Anderson

Muscatine Community College
Robin Mitchell

Eastern Iowa Community College

Military/Veteran/Family Member Student Affairs Facilitator
Rebecca Geiken