Uniforms are not required, but each student must have safety glasses and sturdy work shoes. Open-toed shoes and shorts are not allowed in laboratory areas. Jewelry must not be worn in the lab. Students are responsible for having their own tools. The following lists the minimum tools needed for completion of this program.
NOTE: Johnstone Supply offers one qualified first semester (fall first year) student
a Tool Scholarship of $500.
NOTE: With the exception of multi tools students are not allowed to carry any type of weapon on their person. Pocket knives listed on this tool list must be used as a tool and stored in a tool box when not in use.
- Tool Box
- Combo Meter Kit Fluke 116/322
- 3/8-3/4” Combination Wrench Set
- 6-in-1 Screwdriver
- Mini Screwdriver Reversible w/ Valve Rem.
- 3/8” Nutdriver 10" Long
- 8” Slip Joint Pliers
- 9-1/2” Groove Lock Pliers
- 7” Diagonal Pliers
- 6 ½” Long Nose Pliers
- 7” Linesman Pliers
- Ballpeen Hammer 8 oz
- 1/2 Round Bastard File 8”
- Folding Hex Key Set 3/16” and up
- Mini Tubing Cutter
- Wire Stripper, Cutter, Crimper
- Tubing Cutter Large to 1-1/8”
- 25’ X 1” Tape Measure
- 8” Adjustable Wrench
- Inspection Mirror Stainless Larger
- R410A/R22/R404A Manifold Set W/5’ Hoses
- Service Wrench
- Flaring/Swaging Set
- Straight Jaw Locking Pliers
- Flashlight "LED" with Pouch
- Safety Goggles
- 10” Adjustable Wrench
- Safety Glasses
- Pressure/Temperature Chart
- 5/16 & ¼ Nutdrivers long magnetic
- 3/16 X ¼ X 5/16 X 3/8 inch Ratchet Wrench
- 3” Hand Seamer
- Left Offset Aviation Snips
- Right Offset Aviation Snips
- 32 inch Dividers
- 12 inch 3/8 and 1 inch Folding Tool
- Digital Thermometer
- Socket Set ¼ & 3/8
- 6” Hoses w/ ball valves, 3 - Pack
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.