Work-Based Learning Activities and Resources
While we are unable to host tours, job shadows, and other work based learning experiences this year, we are excited to offer virtual learning opportunities in an attempt to provide a continued engaging, real world experience for students!
The virtual platform has many benefits including the ability to host an unlimited number of students while showcasing a wide variety of industries across Eastern Iowa.
These engaging videos are led by employees from a multitude of companies that highlight technologies within the various industries. Please visit our YouTube channel to access these videos.
Below are some best practices in sharing this virtual experience with your students:
- Playing the videos for students in a face-to-face classroom setting
- Posting the videos on your Google Classroom and assigning discussion questions
- Posting the videos on your Google Classroom and doing a face-to-face discussion/game/activity about the video(s)
- Sharing the videos via email/newsletter with students and their guardians
- Pushing the videos out via Career Guidance System (Xello, Career Cruising, Navigator, etc) as an assignment to students with an interest/strength in a certain industry.
Tips for Business & Industry
- Company Tips for Career Expo
- Company Tips for Working with Interns
- Company Tips for Working with Volunteers
- Company Tips for Youth Fairs
- Job Shadow Suggestions for Individuals Being Shadowed
- Project Based Learning Suggestions for Providers
- Tips for Classroom Speakers
- Tips for Providing Externships
Tips for Students
- Job Shadow Suggestions for Individuals Shadowing
- Student Job Shadow Suggestions
- Tips for Interns
- Tips for Volunteers
Tips for Educators
- Teacher Tips for Classroom Presentation
- Teacher Tips for Job Shadow
- Teacher Suggestions for Project Based Learning
- Teacher Tips for Workplace Expos
- Teacher Tips for Workplace Tours
- Teacher Tips for Interns
Questions? Call toll-free 1-888-336-3907, email email@example.com or contact the college nearest you and ask to speak to an advisor.
- Clinton Community College, 563-244-7000
- Muscatine Community College, 563-288-6000
- Scott Community College, 563-441-4000
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.). If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.