Applying for QCSTI
The institute will accept approximately fifteen students from different high schools in the Quad City Area. The Quad City Area Summer Transportation Institute includes high schools on the Iowa side of the Mississippi river as well as on the Illinois side. It includes both public and private schools to help create a diverse representation of the local population in the area.
This will be a non-residential program, students will commute to the college daily
and will be transported to and from the college to various sites. A summer bus pass
will be provided to students for their daily commute to and from the college.
- Must be a high school student in 10th, 11th or 12th grade for the current school year
- Have an interest in Transportation, Engineering, Science, or a Technology related career
- Have at least two letters of recommendation
- Open to all area high school students
- Provide an essay of why you want to participate in the STI and how it can assist with meeting your career goals
- Provide a transcript of your grades
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have completed or be qualified to enroll in pre-algebra the following school year
- Students are encouraged to apply even if they cannot meet all criteria and will be
selected on an individual basis
Eligible students will be selected by a committee composed of the Program Director, Program Coordinator and high school guidance counselors.
The Institute will be held Monday through Friday, June 10 - 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Scott Community College Urban Campus, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, IA.
Download Application , return completed application to:
Summer Transportation Institute Coordinator
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
101 West Third Street
Davenport IA, 52801
The program is funded through Iowa DOT & Federal Highway Administration
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.