Earn college credit right now – while you’re still in high school. Eastern Iowa Community
Colleges and your high school have partnered to make it possible. High school students
can enroll and complete courses at the high school, one of our campuses or at home
via our online classes.
College Connections courses are actual college credit classes using Eastern Iowa Community Colleges' competencies, course materials and textbooks. You get credit that leads directly to degrees, diplomas and certifications.
Depending on the direction you choose, the credits earned in the College Connections program can go toward a technical career degree or an Associate in Arts degree and ultimately, a four-year Bachelor's degree.
Technical Career Programs
You can be ready to go to work faster than you dreamed possible by beginning one of these programs while you are still in high school.
- Administrative Office Assistant
- Automotive Technology
- Business and Accounting
- Culinary Arts
- Early Childhood Education
- Graphic Arts
- Health Science
- Information Technology
- Industrial Math and Measurement
- Manufacturing Technology
- Veterinary Technician
Liberal Arts/College Transfer
Liberal Arts courses such as the following are offered at your high school:
- Business and business management
- Calculus I and II
- Career Exploration
- College Algebra
- Computer-aided Drafting
- Contemporary World Issues
- Environmental Science
- Introduction to Computers
- Math for Liberal Arts
- Music Appreciation
- Physical Geology
- Public Speaking
Online classes have become extremely popular. We offer a complete Associate in Arts degree online
thanks to a unique consortium of Iowa community college.
How to Enroll
Speak to your high school guidance counselor about enrolling in College Connections. You will need to complete a Eastern Iowa Community Colleges application and a course schedule form. You will also need a signed permission slip from a parent or guardian. To help in placement, you will be required to take an assessment test before your first class meeting.
Tuition cost is covered by an agreement between Eastern Iowa Community Colleges and your local school district.
To find out more contact your guidance counselor and Clinton, Muscatine, or Scott Community College.
Participating high schools:
- Andrew Community School District
- Assumption (Davenport) High School
- Bellevue Community Schools
- Marquette High School
- Bennett Community School District
- Bettendorf Community School District
- Calamus-Wheatland Community School District
- Camanche Community School District
- Central (DeWitt) Community School District
- Clinton Community School District
- Columbus Community School District
- Davenport Community School District
- Durant Community School District
- Easton Valley Community School District
- Louisa-Muscatine Community School District
- Maquoketa Community School District
- Muscatine Community School District
- North Scott Community School District
- Northeast Community School District
- Pleasant Valley Community School District
- Prince of Peace (Clinton) High School
- West Liberty Community School District
- Wilton Community School District
Instructor/High School Info
Below are forms and manuals designed to help high schools and instructors in working with our College Connections program.
- College Connections Procedural Manual
- Concurrent Enrollment Programming Process
- Download Form Packet, includes:
- College Connections Instructor Observation Form New
- College Connections Standards Liaison Form
- College Connections Instructor Orientation Form
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.