Supervisor and the Law
Did you know that as a manager or supervisor, you have a role as a legal agent for your organization?
Do you have a clear understanding of the potential legal landmines that could impact your workplace?
Are you able to identify risks, understand when issues need to be addressed, and what actions are appropriate to take?
Whether you are a new manager/supervisor or are an experienced leader needing a refresher, if you answered “No” to any of the questions above this class is for you!
- Explore the role of legal agent and the implications for managers/supervisors
- Learn what employment laws and actions are required to remain complaint
- Review best practices to reduce organizational risk of litigation
- Understand the importance of documentation to support employment decisions
- Determine when and how to partner with human resources