FREE Continuing Education Classes
That’s right, here’s your chance to take a FREE 50-minute class. No registration is required. First-come, first-served so get there early and claim your seat!
10 – 10:50 a.m.
- Excel Charts Tips and Tricks – We’ve all seen those fancy charts people create in Excel, here’s your chance to
learn how to do them for yourself. Room 211
- 911 for Everyone!- Important information you need to know to help a family member, neighbor, parishioner
if there’s an emergency. Session will include the 5Ws of 911 Response (Who, What,
Where, When and Why), “Hands Only” CPR, Stroke Recognition, the Opioid Epidemic and
other situations you may encounter. Room 318.
- Scholarship Essays – It’s not unusual, students applying for college scholarships are sometimes stumped
when it comes to that essay section. This class will break down the barriers and help
students create great essays. Room 112.
- Virtual & Augmented Reality – Virtual Reality is no longer the wave of the future, it’s here today. Have some fun playing with the VR/AR equipment in our new program’s lab, and take a peek behind the scenes to see how it’s all created. Room 228.
11 – 11:50 a.m.
- Marketing on a Budget – You have a great business, or the idea for one, but have a tight budget and don’t
know how to get the word out. Amy Behning from Mindfire Communications will show you
how it can be done. Room 109.
- Strengths Finder - Learn about how focusing on your strengths instead of your weaknesses will increase
your productivity and decrease safety incidents. Even if you’ve never taken the official
StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment, enjoy examining the variety of strengths. Instructor
Christine Caves’s infectious enthusiasm for personal and professional growth will
leave you excited about applying your Strengths everywhere! Room 212.
- Successful Online Learning – Students, especially those who have been away from school for a little while, are turning to online classes to fit learning around busy work and family schedules. If you’ve ever been interested in online classes but aren’t quite sure if they are right for you, this class can help you decide, and help you be successful if you choose to dive in. Room 112.
1:30 – 2:20 p.m.
- Identity Theft and Fraud – Protect against the increasing rise of frauds, scams and identify theft. Learn
about the current trends and scams, how to reduce the opportunity of becoming a victim,
keeping your information safe and preventing unauthorized access. Room 109.
- Cyber Security - Hackers and cyber attacks are a common occurrence in today’s business world. But
there are good guys fighting back. Take a peek inside the world of trained professionals,
working to keep networks safe. Room 227.
- Creating a Resume – It’s time to brush up the old resume but you want one that catches the eye of potential
employers. Here’s how to get it done. Room 112.
- Virtual & Augmented Reality – Repeat of 10 a.m. session. Have some fun playing with the VR/AR equipment in our new program’s lab, and take a peek behind the scenes to see how it’s all created. Room 228.
2:30 – 3:20 p.m.
- Personal Fitness Training - Join us for an introduction to strength, cardio, balance exercises and some fitness
assessment with a Personal Trainer. Personal Trainers are in demand in a variety
of venues. Find out what it takes to develop skills and prepare for certification.
- Pollinators and Beekeeping - Identify pollinators and plantings in your backyard that nurture them. Also view
an observation hive and discussion about the life cycle of bees. Room 211.
- Making the Most Out of Your Public Library – We have a great partnership with the downtown Davenport Public Library to offer
services for our students, including extending its hours. Make the most of your public
library during this session with the Library’s Amy Groskopf. Room 112.