FREE Continuing Education Classes
That’s right, here’s your chance to take a FREE 50-minute class. No registration is required. First-come, first-served so get there early and claim your seat!
10 – 10:50 a.m.
- Excel Charts Tips and Tricks – We’ve all seen those fancy charts people create in
Excel, here’s your chance to learn how to do them for yourself. Room 211
- 911 for Everyone!- Important information you need to know to help a family member,
neighbor, parishioner if there’s an emergency. Session will include the 5Ws of 911
Response (Who, What, Where, When and Why), “Hands Only” CPR, Stroke Recognition, the
Opioid Epidemic and other situations you may encounter. Room 318.
- Scholarship Essays – It’s not unusual, students applying for college scholarships
are sometimes stumped when it comes to that essay section. This class will break down
the barriers and help students create great essays. Room 112.
- Virtual & Augmented Reality – Virtual Reality is no longer the wave of the future, it’s here today. Have some fun playing with the VR/AR equipment in our new program’s lab, and take a peek behind the scenes to see how it’s all created. Room 228.
11 – 11:50 a.m.
- Marketing on a Budget – You have a great business, or the idea for one, but have a
tight budget and don’t know how to get the word out. Amy Behning from Mindfire Communications
will show you how it can be done. Room 109.
- Strengths Finder - Learn about how focusing on your strengths instead of your weaknesses
will increase your productivity and decrease safety incidents. Even if you’ve never
taken the official StrengthsFinder 2.0 assessment, enjoy examining the variety of
strengths. Instructor Christine Caves’s infectious enthusiasm for personal and professional
growth will leave you excited about applying your Strengths everywhere! Room 212.
- Successful Online Learning – Students, especially those who have been away from school for a little while, are turning to online classes to fit learning around busy work and family schedules. If you’ve ever been interested in online classes but aren’t quite sure if they are right for you, this class can help you decide, and help you be successful if you choose to dive in. Room 112.
1:30 – 2:20 p.m.
- Identity Theft and Fraud – Protect against the increasing rise of frauds, scams and
identify theft. Learn about the current trends and scams, how to reduce the opportunity
of becoming a victim, keeping your information safe and preventing unauthorized access. Room
- Cyber Security - Hackers and cyber attacks are a common occurrence in today’s business
world. But there are good guys fighting back. Take a peek inside the world of trained
professionals, working to keep networks safe. Room 227.
- Creating a Resume – It’s time to brush up the old resume but you want one that catches
the eye of potential employers. Here’s how to get it done. Room 112.
- Virtual & Augmented Reality – Repeat of 10 a.m. session. Have some fun playing with the VR/AR equipment in our new program’s lab, and take a peek behind the scenes to see how it’s all created. Room 228.
2:30 – 3:20 p.m.
- Personal Fitness Training - Join us for an introduction to strength, cardio, balance
exercises and some fitness assessment with a Personal Trainer. Personal Trainers
are in demand in a variety of venues. Find out what it takes to develop skills and
prepare for certification. Room 114.
- Pollinators and Beekeeping - Identify pollinators and plantings in your backyard that
nurture them. Also view an observation hive and discussion about the life cycle of
bees. Room 211.
- Making the Most Out of Your Public Library – We have a great partnership with the
downtown Davenport Public Library to offer services for our students, including extending
its hours. Make the most of your public library during this session with the Library’s
Amy Groskopf. Room 112.