EICC – District Office is seeking a Ft. Instructional Technologist
Under the direction of the Assistant Dean of e-Learning operations this position will be responsible for:
- Functioning as a member of the eLearning team, assisting with the development, maintenance,
and enhancement of instructional technology across the EICC district. This position
will work in collaboration with other staff to support the training needs of faculty
and the promotion of best practice eLearning tools. Responsibilities will also include
developing, maintaining and providing instructional technology assistance, training
and training materials related to instructional computing, multimedia applications
and the learning management system, primarily for blended and technology-supported
face-to-face classes. The Instructional Technologist will also serve as back up to
other instructional technologist and provides support for the dean and assistant deans,
Qualifications will include:
- Associate degree in Information Technology with related certifications and demonstrated work experience using learning management systems and instructional technologies in the development or refinement of curriculum design. Bachelor’s degree instructional design methodology preferred.
- Understanding of learning management systems (LMS) and eLearning tools required.
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills.
- Organized, self-directed and comfortable working and training within a remote environment, as needed.
- Knowledge and experience with the following are preferred qualifications:
- Graphic and text editing hardware and software
- Audio and video recording and editing hardware and applications
- Delivering clear, detailed training programs
Review of applications will begin May 21, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please complete online application and send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis
of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation,
gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital
status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa
Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C.
§§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.) Title IX
(Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 - 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act
of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42
U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563/336-3487, email@example.com or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.