Eastern Iowa Community Colleges - Muscatine Community College is seeking a FT. Admissions Coordinator.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Admissions and Youth Outreach this position will be responsible for:
- Under the direction of the this position will be responsible for:
- Carry out recruitment programs to reach prospective students on campus and in the community.
- Conduct high school visits, events, activities, and establish effective communications with high school personnel.
- Assist in monitoring program enrollment and recruit students to support maximum enrollment in college programs.
- Serve as college representative for recruitment, enrollment, and at appropriate community events.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge/understanding of all programs offered by EICC.
- Promote and assist in organizing group visits and campus tours.
- Serve as a liaison to target markets within the community.
- Promote understanding of EICC to include CCC, MCC, and SCC through the establishment of contacts with high school guidance counselors, business and social service personnel, and other
- external sources.
- Work in cooperation with the Enrollment Management & Marketing team to develop appropriate plans and activities.
- Maintain a commitment to providing quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations
of internal and external customers.
Qualifications will include:
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Previous experience in student services, college admission or educational sales and marketing.
- Must possess and maintain a commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule to include some evenings and weekends.
- Must have proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student and public population.
- Must have the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, or secure transportation to customer locations throughout the EICC district.
Review of applications will begin Tuesday, September 18, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.