Eastern Iowa Community Colleges are seeking Instructors.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
- Computer Numerical Controls
Qualifications for CNC instructors will include:
- Associate of Arts degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimally three years of experience required or relevant Journeyman’s card.
- NIMS/MSSC credentials preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in G&M code programming, CAD/CAM, metallurgy, operation of CNC machine centers, manual and tool & die machining, applied math and blueprint reading.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, days or evenings.
- Cancer information Management - Faculty/Program Director
Responsible for teaching course & assessing learning outcomes in assigned disciplines of CIM. Assignments may include alternative delivery methods, evening courses, & multiple sites. Must demonstrate excellence in teaching & service. Must demonstrate a commitment to the mission & values of the community college. Provide leadership for CIM Program as program director.
Three years of industry experience in CIM required. CTR certification credential required. AAS in relevant degree required. Community College teaching or experience with industry training is preferred. Civic community involvement is desirable. Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population. Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- SCC Mathematics Instructor
Under the direction of the Dean of Instruction this position will be responsible for:
- Providing educational instruction in accordance with the strategic priorities of the college, general college guidelines, board policies, and administrative guidelines.
- Teaching courses and assessing learning outcomes may include alternative delivery methods to include technology-based instructional tools, on-line and hybrid environments.
- Will design courses and curricula related to the specific areas of study.
- Responsibilities will include program recruiting, advising students, and facilitating student organizations.
Qualifications will include:
- Master’s degree in Math or Math education or Masters degree with 18 graduate credit hours in math required.
- Prefer previous experience teaching developmental math courses and MyMathLab or MathXL environment.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Must have experience in various teaching and learning modes, including hybrid and enhanced traditional classes with multimedia presentations and internet resources.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills verbal and written.
Review of applications/resumes will begin May 12, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should submit resume, cover letter and unofficial transcripts
to: EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive,
Davenport, Iowa 52801-1221.
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.