EICC is seeking an Associate Dean (Articulation, Assessment, General Education Program Review)
Under the direction of the Dean for Curriculum and Accreditation this position will be responsible for:
- Manages regulations and processes for academic articulation (Arts and Science and Career Technical), the Iowa Transfer Majors program, Outcomes Assessment, General Education program reviews, and accreditation (Higher Learning Commission and National Alliance for Concurrent Enrollment Partnerships). Assists with curriculum management, EICC catalog, and department projects. Collaborates with teams involved in college readiness and measures of assessment. The associate dean collaborates with internal and external partners to assure accuracy and currency of associated agreements and records. Outreach required to maintain and develop articulation agreements and working partnerships that enhance the academic portfolio and address the diversity of student needs.
Qualifications will include:
- Master's degree required, doctorate preferred.
- Professional experience in an academic capacity in higher education.
- Working knowledge of the purpose and role of general education, assessment, and transfer articulation, particularly at a community college.
- Experience and success with managing detail and multiple priorities with precision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Experience with academic accreditation bodies, particularly the Higher Learning Commission and state accreditations preferred.
- Experience working with faculty on matters of curriculum and review preferred.
Review of applications/resumes will begin October 21, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. For consideration please complete online application and submit your resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 101 West Third St., Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community College District not to discriminate in its programs, activities, or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential family, parental or marital status, as required by the Iowa Code §§216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equal Employment Opportunity Officer/Equity Coordinator, Eastern Iowa Community College District, 101 West Third Street, Davenport, Iowa 52801, 563-336-3487, firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, Illinois 60661-7204, phone number 312-730-1560, fax 312-730-1576, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.