Adult Education Lead Instructors
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Clinton Community College and West Davenport Center are seeking FT. Adult Education Lead Instructors.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of Adult Education this position will be responsible for:
- Develop and facilitate ABE/HSE classes, advises students and facilitates student transition into training/college/employment.
- Facilitate student transition into training, college, and employment.
- Identify potential staff/teachers and make hiring recommendations. Perform annual teacher performance reviews.
- Collaborate with Continuing Education, Secondary and other District programs in the development and implementation of existing and future programs.
- Network with community-based organizations to create a way to recruit students and develop a referral system. Create a learning environment that affirms the dignity and rights to privacy of adults and conveys an accepting, flexible atmosphere.
- Plan and implement learning strategies appropriate for meeting student outcomes.
- Engage in professional learning activities and actively seek information about developing trends and ideas.
Qualifications will include:
- Master’s Degree preferred. Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Teaching/counseling experience in Adult Basic Education, special education or learning disabilities.
- Proven experience working with high risk populations preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student and public population.
- Team leadership experience in an educational or business environment preferred.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is preferred.
Review of applications will begin August 21, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.