Farm Management, Associate in Applied Science Degree
Program Description for Farm Management
- Comprehensive two-year agricultural production program.
- Professional training - classroom and real world experiences.
- Highly technical coursework based on industry standards.
- Marketing - Risk Management - Financial Management; these are emphasized and critical
to farm business success.
- Professional organizations for developing technical skills and leadership.
- Agricultural leaders serve as advisory committee members to guide the program.
Award Options for Farm Management
- Associate in Applied Science - Farm Management
Job Outlook for Farm Management
Fewer jobs are expected for farmers and ranchers than in the past; better prospects are expected for wage and salary agricultural managers. In contrast, agricultural managers are projected to gain jobs, growing by about six percent. Full-time, salaried agricultural managers have median weekly earnings of $775. The middle half earned between $570 and $1,269 per week. The lowest paid 10 percent earned less than $358, and the highest paid 10 percent earned more than $1,735 per week.
For details, please visit this link http://www.bls.gov/oco/
Career Placement for Farm Management
Career placement for graduates seeking meaningful employment is 100 percent. Starting salaries and wages are competitive to other industries and many career options include benefits packages. Our graduates compete for the same career opportunities that graduates from universities apply for.
Employment Experience for Farm Management
- Earn your way through school. MCC offers a debt free degree.
- Work experience for each semester.
- High tech or low tech, you choose the location and the business as long as it will
help you reach your career goals.
- $18,000 is the average income for our students on the job.
- 2,000 hours of documented, real world work experience is the average for each graduate.
- Learn to apply classroom information to the real world of production agriculture.
Eastern Iowa Agriculture Learning Cooperative
These are schools that currently partner with MCC Ag in the form of articulation, dual credit courses or both.
|Bellevue Community Schools||Calamus-Wheatland Comm. Schools|
|Centerville Community Schools||Columbus Community Schools|
|Eddyville - Blacksburg Schools||Fairfield Community Schools|
|Harmony Community Schools||Louisa-Muscatine Comm. Schools|
|Lone Tree Community Schools||Maquoketa Community Schools|
|Moravia Community Schools||Moul ton-Udell Community Schools|
|Muscatine Community Schools||New Hampton Community Schools|
|North Scott Community Schools||North Mahaska Community Schools|
|Northeast Community Schools||Oskaloosa Community Schools|
|Pekin Community Schools||Preston Community Schools|
|Seymour Community Schools||West Liberty Community Schools|
|Washington Community Schools||Tipton Community Schools|