Agribusiness Management, Associate in Applied Science Degree
Program Description for Agribusiness Management
- Comprehensive two-year retail agricultural; input/supply business management program.
- Professional training - classroom and real world experiences.
- Highly technical coursework based on industry standards.
- Feed, Seed, Fertilizer, Fuel, Crop Protection, Grain, operations and management; these
are emphasized and critical to retail agribusiness success.
- Professional organizations for developing technical skills and leadership.
- Agricultural leaders serve as advisory committee members to guide the program.
- The human capital and technical sector of American agriculture.
Develop Career Skills
- Sales and Human Relations
- Marketing and Management
- Merchandising and Marketing
- Precision Agriculture
- Animal Nutrition and Management
- Application of Plant Nutrients and Crop Protection Programs
Award Options for Agribusiness Management
- Associate in Applied Science - Agribusiness Management
Career Placement for Agribusiness Management
Career placement for graduates seeking meaningful employment is 100%. This validates our proven track record of placement. The industry currently has a huge demand for qualified personnel. Starting salaries and wages are competitive to other industries and many career options include benefits packages. Our graduates compete for the same career opportunities that graduates from universities apply for.
Job Outlook for Agribusiness Management
Agricultural managers are projected to gain jobs, growing by about 6 percent. Full-time, salaried agricultural managers have median weekly earnings of $775. The middle half earned between $570 and $1,269 per week. The lowest paid 10 percent earned less than $358, and the highest paid 10 percent earned more than $1,735 per week.
For details, please visit this link http://www.bls.gov/oco/
Employment Experience for Agribusiness Management
- Earn your way through school. MCC offers a debt free degree.
- Work experience for each semester, during the busiest times in agriculture.
- High tech or low tech, you choose the location and the business as long as it will help you reach your career goals.
- 2,000 hours of documented, real world work experience is the average for each graduate.
- Learn to apply classroom information to the real world of retail agribusiness.
Eastern Iowa Agriculture Learning Cooperative
|Bellevue Community Schools||Calamus- Wheatland Comm. Schools|
|Centerville Community Schools||Columbus Community Schools|
|Eddyville - Blacksburg Schools||Fairfield Community Schools|
|Harmony Community Schools||Louisa-Muscatine Comm. Schools|
|Lone Tree Community Schools||Maquoketa Community Schools|
|Moravia Community Schools||Moulton -Udell Community Schools|
|Muscatine Community Schools||New Hampton Community Schools|
|North Scott Community Schools||North Mahaska Community Schools|
|Northeast Community Schools||Oskaloosa Community Schools|
|Pekin Community Schools||Preston Community Schools|
|Seymour Community Schools||Tipton Community Schools|
|West Liberty Community Schools||Washington Community Schools|
These are schools that currently partner with MCC Ag in the form of articulation, dual credit courses or both.