Check Your Readiness for e-learning
People learn in different ways and at different rates. Some students enjoy listening to lectures, others draw concepts in their notebooks, yet others enjoy working in small groups. Visual learners tend to do best in online courses. Others learn to adapt.
Online learning is not restricted by time or location, and as a result it is a convenient learning environment for students who have busy lives.
Online classes are a great alternative to the traditional classroom environment, provided you are a motivated, self-disciplined and responsible learner. The lack of face-to-face contact in an online course can present a challenge to students who like and learn best by the social interaction of a traditional classroom environment.
That doesn't mean that if you are one of those students you shouldn't take an online class, it means that you need to understand what is involved before you begin and plan accordingly.
Online learning is ideal for:
- Individuals who are self-motivated.
- Individuals who are self-directed learners.
- Individuals who are good readers.
- Individuals who do not procrastinate.
- Individuals who prefer an individualized mode of learning.
- Individuals who do not need the stimulation of a traditional class.
- Individuals who are excited and fairly comfortable with technology
Check out this interactive Online Learning Readiness Quiz from the University of Miami. It only takes a few minutes to complete. You just might be surprised about your results!