Course Number and Title:
The City of Muscatine, IA and Wanxiang Group have developed a cooperative educational, cultural and professional partnership for Muscatine Community College (MCC) and Muscatine High School (MHS) students. The program created as a result of this agreement will improve and expand Chinese language and culture and will also increase students’ awareness of environmental protection and clean energy science for the participants.
The funding provided by Wanxiang Group will cover the airline tickets plus all in-China costs during the 4-week program. The project will run two four-week immersion programs during the summer of 2013 and 2014 for MCC and MHS students for the purpose of studying Chinese as a second language acquisition, to promote cultural understanding, to enhance Chinese proficiency and knowledge of Chinese history and culture, and to increase students’ awareness of environmental protection and knowledge of clean energy science. The program will be held on the campus of Hangzhou Wanxiang Polytechnic in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Provence, China (http://www.wxpoly.cn).
Study Abroad application
Program Cost: $0
This program is funded by WanXiang Group.
A rigorous application and interview process will be expected of participants prior to selection for the program.
- Roundtrip group airfare on program dates
- Group transfers to/from international airports
- Student housing/hotel/accommodations while in country
- Meals as outlined in the itinerary
- Tram/Bus/Rail/Taxi passes
- Entrance to cultural activities and excursions
- Pre-departure and arrival orientations
- Student basic medical insurance
- College tuition and books
- Passport and visa fees
- Telephone and internet (some locations will have free Wi-Fi)
- Meals not specified in the itinerary
- Personal and entertainment expenses
- Independent travel and expenses during and after the program
- Anything not specified as included in the program