Course length: 6 hours
Prerequisites: Windows – Level 1 or equivalent knowledge
What’s in Outlook 2007 – Level 1?
This course will provide you with the skills you need to start sending and responding to email in Outlook 2007, as well as maintaining your Calendar, scheduling meetings, and working with tasks and notes. In this course, you will compose and send email, schedule appointments and meetings, manage contact information and tasks, and use notes.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the components of the Outlook environment. You will also perform simple tasks such as sending and responding to email messages.
- Compose messages.
- Use folders to organize messages.
- Manage contacts and contact information.
- Schedule appointments.
- Schedule meetings.
- Create and edit tasks.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Outlook
- Topic 1A: Explore the Outlook Interface
- Topic 1B: Send a Simple Message
- Topic 1C: Reading Messages
- Topic 1D: Reply to and Forward a Message
- Topic 1E: Print a Message
- Topic 1F: Delete a Message
Lesson 2: Composing Messages
- Topic 2A: Address a Message
- Topic 2B: Format a Message
- Topic 2C: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic 2D: Attach a File
Lesson 3: Organizing Messages
- Topic 3A: Open and Save an Attachment
- Topic 3B: Flag a Message
- Topic 3C: Organize Content with Folders
Lesson 4: Managing Contacts
- Topic 4A: Add a Contact
- Topic 4B: Sort and Find Contacts
- Topic 4C: Find the Geographical Location of a Contact
- Topic 4D: Manage Contacts
Lesson 5: Scheduling Appointments
- Topic 5A: Explore the Outlook Calendar
- Topic 5B: Schedule an Appointment
- Topic 5C: Assign Categories and Edit Appointments
Lesson 6: Scheduling Meetings
- Topic 6A: Schedule a Meeting
- Topic 6B: Reply to a Meeting Request
- Topic 6C: Propose a New Meeting Time
- Topic 6D: Manage Meetings
- Topic 6E: Print the Calendar
Lesson 7: Managing Tasks and Notes
- Topic 7A: Create a Task
- Topic 7B: Edit and Update a Task
- Topic 7C: Create a Note
- Topic 7D: Edit a Note
- Topic 7E: Display a Note on the Desktop