Distinguished Faculty & Staff
|Staff Nomination form
Faculty Nomination form
Letter of Support form
One of the hallmarks of a climate for distinction in the community college is the
recognition of excellence. Scott Community College and the SCC Foundation developed
the Distinguished Faculty & Staff Awards to recognize the climate of excellence at
Scott Community College.
The recipients of these awards will receive a plaque recognizing their outstanding service to SCC, dinner for two at a local area restaurant, and will be entitled to direct the expenditure of a $250 award from the SCC Foundation anywhere within the college. Funding for this award program is made possible through the gifts of many faculty, staff, and friends of the college.
Nominations are due in by Friday, March 28th. Nominations for these award can be made by any student, alumnus, faculty member,
administrator, professional or support staff member from SCC. In addition to completing
the appropriate nomination form, the nominator will be asked to solicit two letters of support for the nomination.
Note: If someone has received the award within the last two years, they cannot be nominated this year. See Recipient Recognition.
Outstanding Staff Member
- One award will be given annually to a full-time SCC professional or support staffmember
with a minimum of two continuous years of service to SCC.
On the Staff Nomination form, explain why the nominee should be recognized by describing how he/she demonstrates one or more of the following:
- A demonstration of effort that directly results in increased efficiencies in operational improvement for department, division, or the overall college (ie: initiating a cost-saving strategy, streamlining a process, organizing a team bldg. activity, volunteering beyond duties, etc…), or
- A professional or support staff member who has, through his/her customer service skills, or community or college involvement, significantly aided in the improvement of the college image, or
- An effort by a professional or support staff member that has assisted in improving student retention/completion success; or has significantly aided a student.
Distinguished Adjunct Faculty Member, Distinguished Faculty - Career and Technical Education and Distinguished Faculty - Arts and Sciences
- One award will be given annually to a part-time SCC faculty member, with a minimum of four continuous semesters of service to SCC (does not include summer sessions).
- One award will be given annually to a full-time SCC Career and Technical Education faculty member with a minimum of two continuous years of service to SCC.
- One award will be given annually to a full-time SCC Arts and Sciences faculty member with a minimum of two years of continuous service to SCC.
On the Faculty Nomination form, explain why the nominee should be recognized by describing how he/she demonstrates one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of course content, organization and enthusiasm for the subject matter, and/or
- Establishment of good rapport with students, and/or an effort that has assisted in improving student retention/completion success; or has significantly aided a student
- The use of a variety of instructional methods and materials that are appropriate and supportive of student learning.
The Selection Process: Nomination packets are compiled as the information is received. A complete packet includes the completed nomination form and two letters of support for the nomination. A selection committee comprised of SCC faculty, staff, and students will review the nomination materials and make a recommendation to the College President for awarding. The winner is not selected by the number of nominations that he or she receives, but rather by the quality of the nominations, recommendations, and supporting materials.