Student Engagement and Leadership Coordinator
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Clinton Community College campus is seeking a Student Engagement and Leadership Coordinator.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Development this position will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, promoting, supervising, and evaluating Student Life programs, events, and activities that will encourage student engagement.
- Serving as a resource for student activities and student leadership opportunities and ensuring appropriate supervision during student events.
- Serving as an advisor for the Student Senate.
- Responsibilities will include administering and managing assigned budgets.
- Designing and implementing workshops and seminars for leadership development and team building.
- Assessing the interests and needs of the student body relative to co-curricular involvement opportunities and programs.
- Develop partnerships with area service clubs and high school student clubs.
- Assisting with New Student Orientations and advising as needed.
- Assist with the development of additional student interest groups and clubs.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Community College and/or Student Development experience preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must possess the attitude, knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to create an effective learning environment.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
Review of applications will begin Wednesday, June 18, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dept.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
306 West River Drive
Davenport IA 52801-1221
Or e-mail to EICC-HR@eicc.edu.