Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Scott Community College campus is seeking a Dean of Students. This is an internal position.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the President of the College this position will be responsible for:
- Responsible for the development and supervision of all facets of the comprehensive student services programs to include planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs that will lead to successful student outcomes in completion, graduation, student records, financial aid, student life, athletics, transfer and career services.
- Close collaboration with the administration, faculty, staff, and students with the goal of supporting success.
- Develop and implement retention and completion goals for the College.
- Develops and maintains environment that enhances student life outside of the classroom.
- Maintains and expands working partnerships with K-12, colleges, universities, and community agencies to develop and promote student education.
- Develop and manage student services budget and fiscal management of assigned accounts.
- Coordinates activities and communications to students working with business services, financial aid and bookstores for student billing questions, refunds, tuition payments, outbound calls, and e-mails.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate all college based policies and practices related to areas of responsibility in Student Services.
- Represents the college at appropriate public and community events.
- Serves on the college leadership team, district, and college committees.
Qualifications will include:
- Master’s degree required, doctorate degree preferred.
- Administrative experience at a community college, including supervision of personnel, or related student development experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff, administration, and the community.
- Proven ability to manage budgets, plan, implement and evaluate processes.
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to providing quality service that meets or exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
Review of applications will begin Monday, April 14, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dept.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
306 West River Drive
Davenport IA 52801-1221
Or e-mail to EICC-HR@eicc.edu.