Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Scott Community College - Belmont campus is seeking a Resource Development Assistant. This is a Full Time 40hr. per week hourly position.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Assistant to the President/Foundation Director this position will be responsible for:
- Processes foundation donations – prepares deposit tracking with a general ledger, QuickBooks, and Raiser’s Edge, maintains donor files and prepares appropriate thank you letters and communications with the donor.
- Prepares payment for various Foundation, public relations, and Alumni expenses. Prepares statements and reports to be sent to donors and/or vendors for the Foundation. Prepares requisitions and monitors budgets for Institutional Development. Utilize QuickBooks for accounting purposes and Raiser’s Edge for donor information tracking.
- Preparation of scholarship awards and publicity. Calculates scholarship balances, enters applications into database, builds and runs queries, and assembles reports for Scholarship review committee. Prepares and mails letters to scholarship applicants monitoring receipt of acceptance forms. Adds award to student record utilizing Datatel, monitors student records for compliance of scholarship guidelines. Notifies donors of awards and provides recipient information.
- Utilizes Raiser’s Edge for constituent/donor identification, fund and account transactions, mailing lists, and alumni records.
- Assists with annual employee campaign collecting donation forms and reporting withholding changes to payroll, processing checks and cash, sending letters to employee donors, and campaign closure.
- Assists with preparation of Foundation annual report – assembles scholarship information, recognition award information, assists with narratives, and internal and external donor information.
- Assists with coordinating and implementing Foundation fund raisers – prepares mailing lists, forms, tracks RSVPs, tracks donations, reports balances.
- Assists with coordination of SCCF Committee and Board of Directors meetings. Includes
preparing agendas and materials for meetings, coordinating menus with caterers, confirming
attendance with members, taking and transcribing minutes.
Qualifications will include:
- Associates degree preferred; High School diploma or equivalent required
- Two years proven secretarial experience with proven increased responsibility
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office suite
- Previous accounting experience preferred
- Must possess the attitude, knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to provide quality service that meet the needs of internal and external customers
- Must possess exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Candidates with working knowledge of QuickBooks, Raiser’s Edge, and Datatel/Ellucian will be given preference.
Review of applications will begin August 3, 2015 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.