Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – District Office is seeking a FT. Computer Technology Support Specialist.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Web Services this position will be responsible for:
- Identifies, analyzes, designs, and documents specifications for identified user needs and makes recommendations to meet those needs which are consistent with College and District procedures.
- Establish and maintain technical and user documentation for hardware, software, and procedures utilized within the College and District.
- Trouble shoots and resolves problems, or makes recommendations for their solutions when outside assistance is needed.
- Provides technical assistance to faculty and staff for special projects and problems.
- Explains system changes and provides in-service training on correct procedures of technology usage related to computer/network operations, new equipment, and new procedures.
- Plans and develops configurations for academic labs in collaborations with faculty and
- District IT staff in advance of semester start for on-time delivery.
- Orders parts, software packages, hardware etc. as needed.
- Performs general maintenance on technology equipment, as well as other daily duties
Qualifications will include:
- Associate’s degree with major in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or documented related work experience of computer applications, operating systems and hardware.
- Successful candidate will have experience with pc, desktop and laptop maintenance repair; installation, configuration of computer/network equipment and applications.
- Must be able to lift/carry equipment, and perform installation of these hardware’s as needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to: e-mail EICC-HR@eicc.edu or Human Resources Dept., Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, 306 West River Drive, Davenport IA 52801-1221
It is the policy of Eastern Iowa Community Colleges not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age (employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, religion, and actual or potential parental, family or marital status in its programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Iowa Code §§ 216.6 and 216.9, Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. §§ 2000d and 2000e), the Equal Pay Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. § 206, et seq.), Title IX (Educational Amendments, 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681 – 1688), Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. § 794), and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 U.S.C. § 12101, et seq.).
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact Debora J. Sullivan, Equity Coordinator, 306 W. River Dr., Davenport, Iowa 52801, (563)336-3487, email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number 312/730-1560, fax 312/730-1576.