Faculty - CCC
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Clinton Community College campus is seeking instructors for fall semester 2014. Instructor positions available
in Chemistry, History, and Anatomy & Physiology/Biology. These are 165-day contract
positions and will include a comprehensive benefit package.
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of College these positions will be responsible for:
- Providing educational instruction in accordance with the strategic priorities of the college, general college guidelines, board policies, and administrative guidelines.
- Teaching courses and assessing learning outcomes may include alternative delivery methods to include technology-based instructional tools, on-line and hybrid environments.
- Will design courses and curricula related to the specific areas of study.
- Be able to translate knowledge of current trends in the field into teaching
- Serve as an student academic advisor
- May include evening courses and instruction.
Qualifications will include:
- Must possess the attitude, knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to create an effective learning environment.
- Must meet State guidelines for faculty.
- Prior college teaching experience is preferred.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills.
Specific Instructor Qualifications will include:
- Chemistry Instructor: MS Degree in Chemistry with a minimum of twelve graduate hours in Chemistry. Ability to teach Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- History Instructor: MA Degree in History with graduate work in Political Science, Geography and Western Civilization preferred.
- Anatomy & Physiology/Biology Instructor: MA Degree with minimum of twelve graduate hours in both Anatomy & Physiology/Biology.
Review of applications will begin Monday, April 14, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dept.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
306 West River Drive
Davenport IA 52801-1221
Or e-mail to EICC-HR@eicc.edu.