Eastern Iowa Community Colleges – Muscatine Community College campus is seeking an Academic Advisor
The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges has rapidly become the first choice for students seeking higher education in the Eastern Iowa region. Located along the banks of the mighty Mississippi River, EICC is a comprehensive community college with three colleges and 10 satellite locations serving more than 13,000 credit and 30,000 workforce and continuing education students each year.
Under the direction of the Dean of Student Support Services this position will be responsible for:
- Must be able to understand and be able to explain all programs and majors offered by MCC and EICC.
- Assist students with course selection, creation of academic plans, registration process and facilitating the transfer of students to four-year colleges/universities.
- Responsible for tracking, proactive communications, and follow-up contact with assigned students and appropriate faculty and peer advisors to enhance student success.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all phases of academic advising, including preparation of materials and training of advisors.
- Coordinate Bridge and program orientation sessions. Coordinate nursing waiting lists, advise pre-nursing students, and conduct the Nursing Department orientation.
- Serve as the campus representative for the Dental Hygiene transfer program.
- Coordinate Advising Day materials for registration process, in conjunction with other campuses.
- Serve as campus contact for MCC’s transfer advising guides.
For specific job descriptions please visit EICConnect/Faculty/Human Resources.
Qualifications will include:
- Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Experience in academic advising, student transfer/articulation, and career exploration is preferred.
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must possess the attitude, knowledge, skills, and motivation necessary to create an effective learning environment.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Successful candidate must possess exceptional communication skills.
Review of applications will begin Monday, May 1, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
For consideration please send resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Dept.
Eastern Iowa Community Colleges
306 West River Drive
Davenport IA 52801-1221
Or e-mail to EICC-HR@eicc.edu.